Click on the above image for a Studio Tour.
What’s happening in 2021. Lots of exhibitions I hope! Last year was cancelled in so many ways but ever hopeful, I booked new dates in the diary. Unfortunately we started the year with my February exhibition being cancelled. Luckily, Shoreline Galleries rebooked me for the end of the year, so still staying positive. The details of all dates and venues are below. I hope you can find the silver linings in the start to your 2021?
What am I working on? Well so far this year I have been busy, first with commissions which is a lovely compliment thank you. I have also continued to collaborate with other artists and have taken part in a Call Out to Creatives, by Sir David Attenborough and WWF on his Just Imagine Project. You can find out more in my blog and online @ www.davidattenboroughfilm.com.
The Goldenthread Sketchbook has a new chapter that you can follow on Facebook and Instagram under that name, looking at artists interpretations of their Covid diaries and moving on into 2021.
The Tate Modern in Margate Kent has asked for submissions from local Artists, so I have a week left to create something for them and see if it gets accepted!
Aside from these wonderful projects, I am planning and painting collections for my exhibitions as well as one I am inspired to put together to highlight the negative effects of poaching and deforestation. Entitled Disappearing Mothers:
2020 gave me time to notice and help homeless people as well as my usual focus on homeless and endangered Animals. This has inspired bigger ideas of connecting the two at some point in the future. I would love to enable peoples sense of purpose, by helping homeless animals somehow. I imagine travelling with a team to a Rhino or Elephant sanctuary to work and of course paint for a while, wouldn’t that be great.
Having discovered a new medium this year; Professional Arteza Lightfast Pencils, drawing smaller more intricate artworks has been really enjoyable. A small collection is starting to build so they will be added to the website soon.
With the success of Paint Parties and Workshops last year, when we were allowed to come together, new dates for events will be added below asap. Hopefully I can also find the time to develop online classes, please let me know if these would interest you? All in all 2021 is looking brighter, naturally colourful with more smiles on the horizon, I hope you can join me?
Event Diary 2021
- Event: South East Open Studios
- Date: 5th – 21st June
- Venue: Heidi Schaffner Art Studio 93 Kent Avenue Sittingbourne Kent. ME10 1HB
- Take a Studio and Gallery tour; See your favourite artwork up close, you might even grab a bargain; Have a cuppa and lets talk art and all things creative
- Julys Guest Wall
- Eclectic Gallery
- 6 Broad St. Margate CT9 1EW
- I am so excited to be exhibiting a stones throw from the beach and the wonderful regenerated area of the old town. Exhibiting alongside great artwork by the likes of @AnnPalmer including photography by @Colin_Welsh. Hope to see you there in the sunshine.
- Creek Creative Gallery
- Date: 1st -7th August Just one week!
- 1 Abbey St Faversham Kent ME13 7BE
- New paintings including animals and possibly even some landscapes to remind you of fond holiday memories. Come and enjoy wonderful food in the large cafe, surrounded by art and art studios; as well as a gift shop and info on various art courses. Lots to see and do in Faversham including a Brewery so you can plan a lovely day out!
- Eclectic Gallery
- Date: September Guest Wall
- Venue: 6 Broad St. Margate Kent CT9 1EW
- Back at the beach in the September Sun, come and explore the interesting winding old town of Margate with its array of galleries; vintage shops and unique independents.
PAINT PARTIES & ART WORKSHOPS are great for:
- OFFICE BONDING:
- CHRISTMAS CELEBRATIONS:
- ACTIVITY WITH FRIENDS / FAMILY:
- A GIFT (vouchers available):
- TRYING SOMETHING NEW.
STILL ONLY £25.00pp, I supply everything you need.
Paint Parties and Workshops are happening on these dates:
I’m busy planning but will put some more firm dates in soon…
FULL DAY WORKSHOP 10-4pm £75.00pp I supply everything you need.
(watercolour and Ink a.m.: Autumnal Giraffe/Elephant Painting p.m.)
(festive cards/painting a.m.: Acrylic Stag painting p.m.)
December Celebrations: Christmas Open Evening: you don’t want to miss the Special Discounts; Mince pies and Bubbles at Heidi Schaffner Art, Studio. We would love to celebrate this unusual year with you all.
Covid precautions will be sustained as usual.